Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how can i force the ie9 download manager to save as by default

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Members
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

I am looking for a registry tweak, ie addon, or out right Hack
that will change the default save button on the IE9 download manager to saveas basically restore download behavior to IE8 specs i love everything about ie9 execpt the dl manager and i want it fixed or nuked off my system

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Union_Thug

Union_Thug

Bleeps with the fishes...

• Members
  • 2,355 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 06:06 AM

To Change IE9 Default "Save" Download Location

1. Open Internet Explorer 9.
2. Click on the gear icon in the upper right corner, then click on View downloads.
3. Click on the Options link.
4. Click on the Browse button.
5. Navigate to and select (highlight) the folder that you want IE9 to use as the default download location, then click on the Select Folder button.
6. Click on OK.
7. Click on Close.

To Select a "Save as" Download Location

1. After you click on the file's download link in IE9, click on the drop down arrow on the Save button at the bottom of IE9, and click on Save as.
2. Navigate to where you would like to save the file to, and click on Save.

Edited by Union_Thug, 26 October 2011 - 06:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users