Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with installing Win 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Kreker

Kreker

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

Hey guys

I just bought the new components for my PC. They are;

- Asrock H61M-VS mainboard
- Intel i5 2500 CPU
- 2x4GB Transcend 1333
- WD Blue 750 GB HDD
- WD Green 1TB HDD
- Thermaltake TR2 RX 450W PSU
- Palit GT440 1GB
- LG IPS235V monitor

So, this is how it went.

1) I carefully installed all the components, made sure everything is in order, cables, fans, slots...connected the graphics card to monitor via DVI. Turned on the PC just to see if it all works - no signal. Bad start. Plugged out the DVI cable, took the D-Sub cable from the graphics card to monitor. Turned the PC on again - no signal. Then I've plugged the onboard D-Sub to my monitor and - finally some pictures. BIOS (UEFI) utility showed up, I checked the temperatures, saw everything was in order.

2) Then I've set the disk modes to AHCI, corrected the boot order (HDD #1 first, USB DVD second, HDD #2 off), plugged in the USB DVD drive, put the Windows 7 Ultimate disk, and started the installation procedure. Opted for the x64 version, made a 50GB partition just for the Windows, chose all the settings, typed the computer name and adjusted the date & time...then the installation showed "Preparing Your Desktop"...so I kept watching the nice blue background and waited...after 15 seconds, it flashed the desktop with all the icons and then - automatically showed "Logging Off" and "Shutting Down". After few seconds, the PC kept showing POST screen for a second, then nothing...and it looped. It went into some weird restart loop.

3) I repeated the process again, making sure I didn't make any mistakes. Installation got thru, "Preparing Your Desktop"....10 seconds after the glimpse of Windows desktop and the sudden "Logging Off" and "Shutting Down" screens. And the reboot loop again.

Tried to shut off the PC and turn it back on - it just kept rebooting around the POST screen.

4) Unplugged the second memory module and disconnected the backup HDD, leaving the PC with just one 4fGB module and one HDD. Tried the installation again. Same results.

5) Took the old XP SP2 disk, changed the disk modes to IDE, installed the XP SP2. Everything seemed to work normal.

6) Put the graphics card CD and tried to install the drivers, because I didnt want to work with the integrated graphics. NVidia installer alerted me that "there is no such hardware in your configuration". Checked the HW Monitor program, it displayed CPU, HDD and Mobo temps, but not the GPU temps. Checked the Device Manager under Display Adapter - only Intel graphics shown.

7) Took out the graphics card from the PC and tried to install Windows 7 again. Installation went thru and then the regular Preparing Your Desktop / Logging Off / POST screen reset loop.

Any ideas what this might be? Thanks.

Edited by hamluis, 25 October 2011 - 08:59 AM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kreker

Kreker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:58 PM

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:04 AM

UPDATE

I have a Lenovo Thinkcentre tower, with G31T-LM mobo, 2 GB RAM, Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 CPU and Delta Electronics DPS-280 FB PSU.

I've plugged my Palit GT440 card in Lenovo, connected thru DVI...and it works.

How is it possible that it works on this pathetic PSU unit like 280W Delta Electronics?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users