Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lenovo T-61 Touchpad

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Dennis the Menace

Dennis the Menace

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:22 AM

I hope there is an answer somewhere. Question is about the Lenovo Thinkpad T-61 and its "TOUCHPAD".

I can find nowhere a definition of what the different buttons do (left and right mouse click OK Fine) BUT
there are three buttons across the top of the touchpad --- left mouse, Unknown, right mouse; and two buttons
on the bottom (left and right mouse). Why five buttons?

Does anyone have any idea of how to use these five buttons to the best advantage ?? Please help!

I did find that IBM/Lenovo provides a program called "Ultra-Nav" specifically for this touchpad but nowhere is
there definitions of or how to use the keys. By the way Ultra_Nav did not come installed on the computer but
it was supposed to be there ... I have downloaded it from the Levovo site but have not installed it yet because
the touchpad and left and right mouse buttons work and I don't want to take a chance at messing that up.

Does anyone have any information to assist me? Thanks in advance!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:29 PM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

I'm working from memory right now. However as I recall it those buttons are normally used along with the Trackpoint. That is the red button in the center of the keyboard. The left and right buttons should function as left click and right click.

That center button they call the TrackPoint center button is I believe used in conjunction with the trackpoint to add scroll. The trackpoint speed depends on the pressure used to move it. Light pressure slow movement. Higher pressure faster presure. Some prefer it instead of the touchpad.

This link may help a little as it shows the locations of most useful functions. http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/42w9794.pdf it is a acrobat pdf so you will need to have that loaded.

Edited by rotor123, 26 October 2011 - 12:16 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users