Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless Printing Issues

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jnk1296

jnk1296

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 AM

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:47 PM

Hey BC! Long time no see, huh?

Well, after several months of problem free operation (thank the gods), my luck finally ran out and I've discovered a problem in my network. I went to print a document in word today, and the printer came up listed as "Server Offline". My computer is on a wireless network that links back to a router we lease from our ISP. The printer is then connected to a system that is hard wired to the router. The router is recent, however. We were experiencing problems with our previous router (when I could still print wirelessly), so we contacted the ISP and requested a new one. Problem solved. Now, it seems I can't access the printer, or the other computer for that matter. I've checked the printer settings on the hardwired system and double checked that the printer is enabled for sharing, so I have reason to believe that my issues lie within the router's configuration settings.

Anybody have any ideas? I have no idea how to proceed from this point. Thanks. ~Jnk1296

UPDATE: Maybe I'm wrong. I can ping my system from the hard wired system, but I can't ping the hardwired system from my system. Strange...
Second Update: Norton Antivirus was causing interference with network computer communications. Quick firewall change fixed the ping issue...

Edited by jnk1296, 24 October 2011 - 04:39 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users