Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Router Keeps Restarting when Only i get online with wireless laptop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bakersfieldboy

Bakersfieldboy

• Members
  • 68 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 PM

Posted 24 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

I run 2 computers off of 1 router att dsl, the LAN LINE works fine no problems, but soon as i get online
with my laptop and goto any url, the router restart's. It taks about 1 min for router to start back up.
Ive thought it might be ports bumping, so i took lan line from port 1 to port 2 on back of router/modem,
but same thing..... My modem/router is

i dont have to restart router it does it self (incase you need to know that)

2701HG

Laptop a dell running win xp home
Sedktop a dell optpex old runing win xp home

Edited by Bakersfieldboy, 24 October 2011 - 03:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:28 AM

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:15 PM

Laptop and Router model please. Do you mean the router drops connection on desktop or the router powers off? How do you access the wifi connection? Does it automatically detect the wifi by any security settings?

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users