Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer Questions

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 AM

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

Can someone please provide me a list of ALL FILES IE7 uses??

I am wanting to do an experiment.... (More CSS recognition,etc)

I am on Win98se and i have noticed that when i use an XP computer,i can DL the "EXE" file for IE6 and it works PERFECTLY using the IE7 files and i am wanting to try and transfer some of the IE7 files to my Win98se and see if it will work here :) (No reason it shouldnt)

I tried 1 file so far: mshtml.dll (IE7 version of it) and when i open any folder on my computer its all messed up so obviously more than MSHTML.DLL is needed.....

Whats interesting is: 1/2 the files i looked @ on the XP for IE7 were version 6.x...

What i would like to know is,WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM AMOUNT OF FILES NEEDED FOR IE7 TO WORK? (If there is only 7 files i might be able to easily take the 7 from upstairs and bring them here (INSTEAD OF ALL OF THEM))

Would the WINE versions of these files also work?? (They are alot smaller though but i was curious if they would)

Lets get something good going here!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users