Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Loss Of Desktop When Launching Explorer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Big-T

Big-T

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 PM

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

I recenty have acquired a small irritating problem that when I go to explore or internet explorer I
lose my desktop background, it changes to a virus or spy ware warning and wants me to go and
download those type of programs. I have also lost the desktop section of the display panel in control panel
I have run spybot,MS antispyware beta, registry fixer, norton antivirus and several other same type programs but none has found any problems. Oh, I am using XP pro, I have also tryed starting in safe mode and running these programs some ran and some won't, but still didn't find anything. I have a prtscreen of the warning but cant figure out how to get it in this note. Any help would be appreciated

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 27 January 2006 - 08:34 PM

Click here to download HijackThis by Merijn Bellekom. Doubleclick the file, click Unzip and extract the application to C:\HijackThis. Run it from there to scan your computer.

When the scan is finished, the "Scan" button will change into a "Save Log" button. Save the log, Ctrl-A to Select All and post it here for examination. Don't fix anything yet as most of what it lists will be harmless.
Posted Image

Have I helped you? Please consider donating to help me continue with the fight against malware. Click here

#3 Daemon

Daemon

Security Expert

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 05 February 2006 - 01:09 PM

Due to inactivity this topic will be closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please email the moderating team - be sure to include the address of the thread and the name you posted under.
Posted Image

Have I helped you? Please consider donating to help me continue with the fight against malware. Click here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users