Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox Issue?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jpm1363

jpm1363

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 AM

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:06 AM

Hello all,

Just curious..........Occasionally when I log into Firefox it will take me to my home page(yahoo),however; if I try and access any other sites I get the message "the requested URL could not be found". Is this a Firefox issue? I have another desktop that is connected wireless via a linksys router that also experiences this problem.

Thanks,

Jim

P.S. on a separate note..............is it necessary to upgrade the firmware on a router?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Artrooks

Artrooks

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:07 AM

Hello jpm1363,

It sounds like a dropped connection in either your modem or router.

Power Cycle Your Modem and Router:

Essentially, you are turning the modem and router (if you use one) off and then restarting them to regain internet connection.
  • Shut down all computers connected to the modem and router.
  • Because modems/routers general don't have power switches, unplug the A/C power cable for modem and router (if you use one); usually inserted on the back of the device.
  • Wait 60 seconds (this allows the short term memory to "clear"), then replug the A/C cord into the modem, first.
  • Wait another 60 seconds or until the front panel connection lights show a steady connection.
  • Plug in the router's power cord and wait for the router to connect to the modem.
  • Start the computer(s) and allow to completely boot up.

If there is newer firmware for the Router, I would update that as well.

Regards,
Brooks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users