Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hack victim

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thehated

thehated

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 24 October 2011 - 04:44 AM

This is from a newbie so please afford me some ignorance. I have been hacked, I have have experienced the results of a successful phishing from a former close friend that has studied up on hacking. Things I have noticed on my system are files disappearig before my eyes, different ipaddresses from the same email in the headers of the email account it was sent from. On the start menu my account picture on the top right changed while i was using the menu from my picture to a picture of a glasses wearing dobbie-like face(harry potter) and it waved at me as well. Other things such as pop up windows with very insulting messages when I am on the net. I run windows 7 with kapersky and I cannot find any malware or viruses however, I have found another user account that showed up yesterday and I am unsure of how to search the computer to find where this person has come in to close that port. I do know this much, the person doing this is a relative newbie in that game and I am certain they have left something exposed. Any and all advice and comments please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nawtheasta

Nawtheasta

• Members
  • 403 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 AM

Posted 24 October 2011 - 09:38 AM

I am not one of the experts here so I cannot give technical advice.
You seem to indicate that the probable source for the hacking was a "former" close friend.
Is this someone that you have just drifted away from or someone that wishes to now harass you?
If the former they may be thinking it funny to "prank" you and show off their computing skills.
Some people are very lacking in social skills and might be thinking this is a way to reconnect.
Possibly if your displeasure and annoyance was communicated to them the would apologize and stop or fix what they are doing.
If their intention was malicious in nature it could be considered a form of cyberbullying. If you are a student your school may take this as a form of harassment and respond accordingly.
If you are not a student it still may rise to the level of criminal mischief. Not sure who you could go to though.
I wish you Good Luck in resolving this.
Nawtheasta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users