Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System errors, netevent.dll

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 speckstatus

speckstatus

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 AM

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:27 PM

I would really appreciate any input on this. Programs are crashing, I’ve had a few BSOD’s, and performance appears to be suffering. I’m running Windows XP 32-bit, service pack 3. I’m getting system errors that all point back to netevent.dll. The errors are the following:

Event ID 7023 - Application Management service terminated with the following error: The specified module could not be found.

Event ID 7000 - DgiVecp service failed to start due to the following error: The system cannot find the specified file.

Event ID 7031 - The Apple Mobile Device service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service. (This also occurs with adfs service)

Event ID 7034 - The iPod Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

I cannot overwrite netevent.dll from system restore, but I can rename it. What’s even stranger is that I can’t delete it! It just keeps coming back.

I’ve run system scans with AdAware, Avast, Malwarebytes, and Spypot Search and Destroy. I’ve run Sophos Anti-Root Kit. I’ve run Free Registry Repair, CCleaner, and Combofix to try to fix the error in the registry.

Malwarebytes log:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\The Weather Channel (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Weather Services (Adware.Hotbar) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
c:\program files\relevantknowledge (Spyware.MarketScore) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
c:\program files\relevantknowledge\rlls64.dll (Adware.RelevantKnowledge) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\relevantknowledge\rlservice.exe (Adware.RelevantKnowledge) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\relevantknowledge\rlvknlg.exe (Adware.RelevantKnowledge) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
c:\program files\relevantknowledge\rlvknlg64.exe (Adware.RelevantKnowledge) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\system volume information\_restore{202550a8-7a33-4bca-9586-051d24ddbf8f}\RP3\A0000124.dll (Adware.RelevantKnowledge) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\system volume information\_restore{202550a8-7a33-4bca-9586-051d24ddbf8f}\RP5\A0000367.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

c:\WINDOWS\installer\MSI5E.tmp (Adware.RelevantKnowledge) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

(PUP.Hacktool.Patcher), (RiskWare.Tool.CK), (Malware.Packer.Gen) were found and deleted as well.

My friend also deleted one item I don’t remember the name of. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry, this is going to get moved.

Edited by hamluis, 24 October 2011 - 08:14 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users