Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want to Upgrade my CPU and Motherboard, Need HELP!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 UpSideBoom

UpSideBoom

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:53 PM

Ok so first of all this is my current rig:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Due E8400 3.00 GHz
Motherboard: Asus P5Q
Memory: 4GB DDR2
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
Case: Antec NINE HUNDRED
Power Supply: 850W

So I think my CPU and motherboard are ok and all but kind of old by now, I see many new ones that are way better.
My budget is 400~500$ and I was wondering if anyone could help me find a good CPU and Motherboard for that budget from this website:Memory Express Canada

I was thinking about this CPU: http://www.memoryexpress.com/Products/PID-MX35891(ME).aspx
but because I dont understand in computers as much as I would like to yet, I don't know which motherboard with be compatibly with this CPU and with the rest of my components.

So I would like to hear your opinions/suggestions, Thanks!

for thise who have hard time reading.. I need both new CPU and MOTHERBOARD

Edited by UpSideBoom, 23 October 2011 - 03:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:42 PM

That processor is not compatible since it has a completely different socket and it's a AMD processor not a Intel. The fastest processor you can use is this.

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#3 UpSideBoom

UpSideBoom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:49 PM

did u read what I asked for? I need a new motherboard and CPU...

#4 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

for thise who have hard time reading.. I need both new CPU and MOTHERBOARD

There is a little more tactful way of putting that, but, anyway the FX-8120 is quite good. As for which motherboard you want, that will boil down to one of two choices. Do you want an AMD 970 or AMD 990FX based motherboard?

Asus M5A97 - This is an AMD 970 motherboard taking AM3 and AM3+ CPU's. Think of AMD's x70 chipsets as base models, the 970 is no different. Do not use this board if you use multiple GPU's as it doesn't have high enough PCI-E bandwidth.

Asus Sabertooth 990FX - This is obviously a 990FX motherboard. The 990FX series is identical to 970 with the exception of PCI-E bandwidth and more PCI-E X16 slots. These are meant for gamers or enthusiasts. I use this board in my PC, I haven't had any issues.

You will also need new RAM as these boards only take DDR3. Patriot Gamer 2 Series DDR3 4GB is a nice choice. It is one 4GB stick of RAM, so pick up one or two. Due to licensing restrictions, you may need to buy a copy of Windows 7 IF you are using an OEM or system builders copy on your current PC. According to Microsoft's license for Windows, you can only have it one PC, and they define a PC based on the motherboard. So, a new motherboard is a new PC however, they is no technical reason preventing you from reinstalling an OEM copy anyway.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users