Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD when putting computer to sleep

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Josh27

Josh27

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 PM

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:58 AM

Hi all,
I have been trying to fix my computer for about a week now. The problem has been happening for about 2 weeks. What happens is when i put my computer to sleep or if my computer goes to sleep by it self, it gets a blue screen and shuts down. I have updated the drivers and ran the SCANNOW command to try and fix the files. WHen i reboot my computer after i get the blue screen it freezes for about 1 min on a white screen before starting windows. This is the error its sends me. Im running windows 7 x64.any help would be great and if you need anymore info let me know and i will try and provide it.
Thanks

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000094
BCP2: FFFFF880058F9275
BCP3: FFFFF8800A3E1008
BCP4: FFFFF8800A3E0860
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\102311-38953-01.dmp
C:\Users\Josh\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-162303-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:43 PM

Download memtestx86 and run it for 5 passes to see if it is the memory. http://www.memtest.org/

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 Josh27

Josh27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

Download memtestx86 and run it for 5 passes to see if it is the memory. http://www.memtest.org/

I ran some memory test to test out the Hard drives and the RAM.Would this one test them better?

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:22 AM

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:40 PM

Other things to try is to disable sleep mode to see if the problem lies within this event only. If you have a video card installed, try looking for the first driver that worked properly with the device. If not the latest patch.

Tekken

#5 Josh27

Josh27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:41 PM

Other things to try is to disable sleep mode to see if the problem lies within this event only. If you have a video card installed, try looking for the first driver that worked properly with the device. If not the latest patch.

I have installed the latest drivers for video cards, i will try to disable the sleep mode when i get home, and just leaving the computer on to see if it blue screens.

#6 Josh27

Josh27
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:29 AM

anyone got anything else i could try?

#7 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:22 PM

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

I ran some memory test to test out the Hard drives and the RAM.Would this one test them better?

This one is purported to be the best one to run.

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users