Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Full check of PC? :D

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 xthewindx

xthewindx

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 PM

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:32 AM

So yea guys, I've been using my desktop PC for awhile now and I'm pretty sure there's a lot of problems with it. Like cannot update the Microsoft Installers, The Jave updater or the videos won't show up if I update my Adobe Flash to a ceratin version. So is there any type of software that I can run so that there will be like a log I could post up here and we can all go over to fix my problems one by one? I'm sorry for this is a very selfish request but if there's a chance, I might want to ask for help. :)
Thanks so much guys!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,664 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 07:43 AM

What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

#3 xthewindx

xthewindx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:26 PM

Oh like I said "cannot update the Microsoft Installers, The Jave updater or the videos won't load on youtube or any thing that has flash built in if I update my Adobe Flash to a certain version."

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:36 PM

You have an active Am I Infected topic, here. Please complete the steps there before continuing with this topic. Otherwise you have a very good chance of confusing yourself and trying to deal with conflicting information.

I won't temporarily close this topic as is usually done, as it looks like you may be close to finished with your Am I Infected topic.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 23 October 2011 - 06:55 PM

Hi -
First, just to expand on the reply from Allan :
Have you added or removed any Hardware / Software / Had any other error messages / or have you had any infections, that you know of.
We now know of the infection problems, so please finish that and only answer once that is over - -
This is only because without a few specific details it is harder to diagnose your actual problem.

Full check of PC? :D - This title of your topic left very few details and apart from "Can't update/ Videos don't play" it is a bit vague.
Please do not take that in any wrong way, as we need a few more details to work on, (eg. if I cough my left foot hurts) if you know what I mean :)
You mention "if I update my Adobe Flash to a certain version". Please list if this is latest version or what version.
Can you also list your current Java version, as the latest is now 7 version 1.
"cannot update the Microsoft Installers", do you mean the normal M/Soft updates fail, or other M/Soft Installers like I.E. 9 etc.
"the videos won't show up", do you mean "normal" You Tube videos or self made or from certain sites.

With a few of these specific details, we can take a further look at if any log etc. is required -

Thank You -
EDIT - If the Am I Infected solutions fix your problems, then Please let us know for future reference -

Edited by noknojon, 23 October 2011 - 08:06 PM.

#6 xthewindx

xthewindx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:36 PM

Okay thanks guys. I will take a closer and more detailed look to my probalems then will post up my log later. :)

#7 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 PM

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:39 PM

Please do not post logs here unless requested -
You can leve a link to the finished Am I Infected post, so that we can refer back to that -

Thank You -

#8 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:04 PM

Due to the severity of the malware identified in the linked Am I Infected topic, in post #4. I am closing this topic as it is unlikely we can resolve, in this forum, the issues this member is dealing with.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users