Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Xp/vb.net Install Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 PM

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:25 PM

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8546/visu...oproblem2ss.png

Ok I am taking a VB.net 2003 Class at school, and we get a CD that comes with it, that has the full software but is limited to only 60 days. The book only comes with 1 disc.

Ok, my problem when I put the disc in and run the setup.exe file I get the following menu: (without the popup)
http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8546/visu...oproblem2ss.png

And when I click option one "Windows Component Update" I get that popup. Then I click ok, then both that popup and the main menu closes and nothing happens. No new processes are created according to Task Manager.

I do have the IIS installed, .NET framework 1.1 and 2.0 (upgraded it)

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP2. I have Microsoft Office 2003 installed. I've tried it without my Anti-Virus and Firewall running.

Werid thing is that it intsalled perfectly fine on my laptop which had everything setup the same (IIS and .NET framework 2.0)

And yes Windows Update has been ran on both machines, and both are up-to-date as possible.

Please help, I'd like to create/work on this at home, (don't really wanna use the laptop cause it is slow, and I had touchpads and using external mice.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users