Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Curious problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Gtracer

Gtracer

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 PM

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:14 PM

Hey all, it's been a while since I've visited this forum, but I'm back for more computer related issues.

Motherboard: msi 785gm e51

The sound is integrated. I was suspecting that since two speakers have never worked properly with this computer, that the integrated sound card was borked. This didn't bother me and I dealt with having one speaker.

Fast forward to today, when I acquire two eighteen inch sub-woofers and a number of smaller surround sound speakers. Perfect time to hook everything up and enjoy it, right? No not really. I hook everything up properly to my receiver (which I've had work fine with six speakers when the sound is from CD player to receiver), and alas, only one speaker works again. So yeah, it's probably my sound card that's messed up and I need a new one.

So I grab my laptop, hook the receiver up to it, and suddenly sound is coming from one speaker, again. But this time it's the left speaker that has sound, not the right.

This has me utterly confused. I can't figure out what's wrong. Hooked up to my desktop, only the right from speaker works. Hooked up to a laptop, only the front left speaker works. I'm really new to this sort of stuff, but I really don't know what's wrong. What should I do? I'll try to provide as much information as possible.

TLDR: Only one speaker works, out of seven. Speakers all work fine when receiver is not hooked up to the computer but to a CD player. Sound switches from speaker to speaker when switching computers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users