Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Contet Advisor In Ie

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:11 PM

hey everyone, its been a long while since i last posted here... anyways i need some help
i was tinkering around in Internet Explorer and i accidently enabled "content advisor", i clicked enable by mistake and hit a few random keys by mistake also (it was 11 pm cut me some slack lol) so baisclly i cant even get on my hompage cuz IE keeps asking me for this content advisor password, and i cant disable it without the password. i have no clue what i typed in for one so ive tried a billion times and i still didnt get it right. so anyways i really need IE although i mainly use firefox..because i need to update my computer (windows update ONLY works with IE). so is there anyway to bypass this without the password? is there any like sort of file to delete that would get rid of this "content advisor"? i need to install the windows updates badly so i need my IE back. also i wouldnt mind surfing on IE a little bit now and then anyways. so any help would be greatly appreciated , thanks guys. :thumbsup: :flowers:

PS i have windows ME

Edited by ihateadware52792, 27 January 2006 - 04:19 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Super Corsair

Super Corsair

• Members
  • 70 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 PM

Posted 28 January 2006 - 12:00 AM

I think you will need a code cracker. Put "content advisor code cracker" in Google then pick one. some are free some are pay. From what I read there is now other way.

#3 ihateadware52792

ihateadware52792
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 235 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 PM

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:39 PM

^^^^^ i found a sit in google that had me delete a key in the registry and then i was able to disable that advisor crap. thanks for the help dude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users