Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

JPEG to PDF

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ubiq

Ubiq

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:22 AM

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:48 PM

Hello!
My teacher sent out a book excerpt that I need to print and read. Each page is a separate jpeg that I don't know how to manipulate to print properly.
I'm not excellent with computers and so I *think* I need to convert it to pdf, but I'm not sure. An internet search tells me maybe something like cutepdf might work, but I think it might also be over my head. Is this easy to use? Is this what I need to be doing?
Regrettably, I don't have a lot of time in which to do this. It's a last minute assignment, and I always need twice as long as everyone else to figure out computer stuff.
Any suggestions or assistance will be greatly appreciated!

Anyone who likes IT Crowd will appreciate that I'm similar to the character Jen in my understanding of the computers.
Mod Edit: Image removed, not germane to topic, too large for signature ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 25 October 2011 - 03:33 PM.

Machine: Toshiba Portege r705-P41, Dual Boot: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Ubuntu 15.04
CPU: Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz Arrandale 32nm Technology,
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20), Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC (rBGA1288 Socket)
Video Card: Intel HD Graphics Revision 2 1720 MBytes

Speccy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:29 PM

Yes, CutePDF Writer is very easy to use. Just run the CuteWriter.exe installer. Once CutePDF Writer is installed, load the jpeg into your favorite graphics program, and select print. When the print dialog window opens up, select the CutePDF Writer as the printer and click the print button. The save dialog window will open asking for a folder and a file name. Select a folder and provide a name if you don't like the default, then click the Save button.

With multiple jpegs, using Windows Explorer(not Internet Explorer), you could select all of the jpegs you want to print by holding the Ctrl key down while you click/select each jpeg you wish to convert to a PDF. Once you have the ones you want highlighted, right click on the first one selected and choose print from the context menu. This will allow you to print/save(using CutePDF Writer) all the selected files into one(single) PDF file.

Edited by FlannelBack, 22 October 2011 - 08:34 PM.

#3 Ubiq

Ubiq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

Thank you! :hello:
I'm going to give this a try and I'll let you know if I've managed it.

Machine: Toshiba Portege r705-P41, Dual Boot: MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; Ubuntu 15.04
RAM: 4.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20), Motherboard: TOSHIBA Portable PC (rBGA1288 Socket)

Speccy

#4 Ubiq

Ubiq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 01:07 PM

That was easy! Now I have 47 pdfs to print out, which is rather tedious, but at least I can print them out now.
Thank you! :flowers:

Speccy

#5 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Part of the problem solved. Let's see about taking some of that tediousness out of the picture.

Using Windows Explorer, select several of the pdfs you've created by holding down the Ctrl key while you leftclick on each one of the pdfs you want to print, 5 of them would be a good number to start with. Once you have all 5 of the ones you chose highlighted, rightclick on the first one of those 5 highlighted and select "Print" from the context menu. Those 5 pdfs should be sent to the printer.

#6 Ubiq

Ubiq
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 253 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

Thank you so much - that worked brilliantly! :cool:
I was really scared it would break my printer, but it didn't seem to mind at all. The rest of my semester is going to be better. I get about 100 pages a week from this professor that I have to squint and read from the screen. Now I can print and highlight and take to class - I'm so happy! :bunny2:

Speccy

#7 FlannelBack

FlannelBack

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

Glad you're set. Keep an eye on the ink levels though. At a 100 pages a week that ink is going to go fast.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users