Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ping high in games because someone is downloading something from other computer

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Haki88

Haki88

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:35 AM

ping high in games because someone is downloading something from other computer,this is really weird.....both computers are win7

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:48 PM

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

Who is your ISP, and what is your package?

Please go to http://www.speedtest.net and perform 3 to 4 speedtest's and post the results here.

#3 Haki88

Haki88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:13 PM

Who is your ISP, and what is your package?

Please go to http://www.speedtest.net and perform 3 to 4 speedtest's and post the results here.

well i cant go now because net is ok (for now...),but when its not its really low download,my isp is T-com Croatia

Edited by Haki88, 22 October 2011 - 01:14 PM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:16 PM

Please perform the speed tests anyways it will provide us with your upload and download speeds.

#5 Haki88

Haki88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:38 PM

ok,this is my speed test
Posted Image

#6 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:00 PM

when people download, what are they using to download files with? If they are using any kind of torrent software like Bit Torrent that will easily use up on your upload which will affect your ping in games.

How many computers are on your network?

#7 Haki88

Haki88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:05 PM

well i have:
1 computer (mine)
1 laptop (when he downloading,he downloads with firefox,torrent,rapidshare manager,but today i was WOW when i saw he just downlading file via firefox)
1 laptop (never downloading just facebook and msn)
1 iphone (never downloading,most of time hes not connected to wireless)

#8 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:10 PM

Are the torrenting programs on, because when they are they can still upload files.

#9 Haki88

Haki88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

Are the torrenting programs on, because when they are they can still upload files.

i know but torrent is off atm,but for me what is weird is :

When other computer downloading something with firefox,my computer internet is drasticly slowed down.

http://speedtest.net/result/1549753508.png

while writing look this:
Posted Image

Edited by Haki88, 22 October 2011 - 02:27 PM.

#10 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:28 PM

Your connection cannot handle multiple downloads and gaming all at once. You just do not have enough bandwidth. Your bandwidth for gaming was fine a couple years ago, but more and more gaming needs a lot of download to perform as programmed. I would see about upgrading to a faster package with at least 6Megabits Down and 1Megabit Up.

#11 Haki88

Haki88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

Your connection cannot handle multiple downloads and gaming all at once. You just do not have enough bandwidth. Your bandwidth for gaming was fine a couple years ago, but more and more gaming needs a lot of download to perform as programmed. I would see about upgrading to a faster package with at least 6Megabits Down and 1Megabit Up.

I have same package 5 years 4mb dl /// 256 kb/s up and it was fine until now,i really dont know whats going on,even when am not playing games like now.....i just watch blizzcom stream sometimes it freezes....now i turned that off and run only samp (san andreas multiplayer program) which is small program for adding favorite servers and server from Croatia (my country) have ping from 180 to 270 and ping is refreshing every 2 sec.

Can you find out something from this:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/705/unledybg.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/unled1vsd.jpg/

#12 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:03 PM

Try disabling SAMP and see if it makes gaming better. Game specifications can change without any notice from the company. They can introduce new netcode to make the gaming experience for those who have higher speed connections.

#13 Haki88

Haki88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

Try disabling SAMP and see if it makes gaming better. Game specifications can change without any notice from the company. They can introduce new netcode to make the gaming experience for those who have higher speed connections.

you dont understand, i opened samp just to check my ping for croatian server i used it as sample,i disable all auto update for all programs even windows. Its just weird that computers somehow sharing download speed,is it possible to download some software for router and control that "network speed" ?

#14 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 10:11 PM

Your router should have something called Quality of Service check the manual to understand how to configure it.

#15 Haki88

Haki88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 105 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:33 AM

Your router should have something called Quality of Service check the manual to understand how to configure it.

can you tell me what i need to searh for because i have THOMSON ST780 and maybe its different name then in your router

Edited by Haki88, 23 October 2011 - 10:38 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users