Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need computer help (system restore)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rude2683

Rude2683

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:36 PM

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:16 AM

About 2 weeks ago got a virus (adware) didnt know how to remove so went onto Microsoft chat for help. They took over my computer and removed the virus but their are a few annoying this that are on my computer now. So can I do a system restore to the day before I got the virus? If so how? And how can I remove the virus myself? (I downloaded a new malwarebytes and anti virus from another computer), planning on running them on safe mode.

Things different since microsoft help.....

On my music folder all of the albulm art is now scattered.
On folders now they say printhood, nethood,
My malwarebytes is going to expire???
Constantly says it caught virus
my vlc player no longer works

Any help?

Edited by hamluis, 22 October 2011 - 11:34 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TM_Paul

TM_Paul

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 22 October 2011 - 01:50 AM

What did microsoft "ACTUALLY" fix on your computer and what did they do exactly?

"I'll be your silent gaurdian. A watchful protector. A dark knight..."

#3 Rude2683

Rude2683
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:08 AM

Well the virus was removed, but some formats "Cant click my videos, music, etc" files without it saying error. I basically want to make sure virus is gone, and make sure my computer is clean. Not the best with computers, but am decent with them....

#4 Rude2683

Rude2683
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:09 AM

And about the virus, pretty sure they changed the location of the virus (Microsoft help) if that makes any sense

Edited by Rude2683, 22 October 2011 - 02:16 AM.

#5 TM_Paul

TM_Paul

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

Change the location? I don't think that would help at all. Changing the file extension so it will become unreadable is more suitable. I suggest you ask our Malware Response Team about this because it looks like there is still a virus there dude.

"I'll be your silent gaurdian. A watchful protector. A dark knight..."

#6 zbd

zbd

• Members
  • 390 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2011 - 11:31 PM

After virus is removed, clean all system restore points that may still have the virus.

http://www.piriform.com/docs/ccleaner/using-ccleaner/removing-system-restore-points

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users