Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop Up That Disappears

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 canadiancynicism

canadiancynicism

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 27 January 2006 - 01:05 PM

I have an irritating issue on my computer that consists of a pop-up that appears then disappears. This causes problems when I am running older games in a full screen mode, usually causing them to freeze and shutdown. I can see the pop-up appear on my Taskbar, it appears for only a few seconds then disappears. I've scanned my computer religiously using AVG, Microsoft Anti Spyware, Adaware and Spybot, I've run Hijack This a few times and have tried to catch it in my Task Manager window, but I have been unable to track down which program on my computer is causing this. I'm worried it might be some form of spyware or virus that is either updating itself or downloading information from my computer. It's not a major worry at the moment but it is extremely irritating.

Thanks

PS:
OS= XP Home sp2
Browser= Firefox/ IE 5.0
Anti Virus= AVG
Anti Spyware= Ewido, Microsoft, Adaware, Spybot, and I use Panda once in a while

Edited by canadiancynicism, 27 January 2006 - 01:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 canadiancynicism

canadiancynicism
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:51 AM

Posted 27 January 2006 - 10:35 PM

Well, 2 hours of reading the forums, 4 hours of letting the Panda online scanner do its thing, going through and manually deleting the crap it turned up seems to have solved my issue. Thanks for the tips, I think I've managed to find the little blighter that's been messing up my computer...thanks

#3 phawgg

phawgg

Learning Daily

• Members
  • 4,543 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 AM

Posted 28 January 2006 - 01:27 PM

What was it?
patiently patrolling, plenty of persisant pests n' problems ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users