Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CD/DVD-rom Unable to read *any* disc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ekxero

ekxero

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:04 PM

Hi and thank you for taking the time to help me out. The problem I'm having is with my cd/dvd-rom. Any discs I insert into my computer, even blank ones, aren't detected by my computer. I can't back up any files or play any cd's or dvd's. This happened out of nowhere, probably a while ago, but I never had the chance to get around to fixing it. After a while of not burning any cd's, I went to burn a cd one day and it wouldn't work. I tried uninstalling the drivers and restarting the computer to re-install them, but to no avail. I installed microsoft "Fix It" for it, and that didn't do squat. I don't know what I need to do to get it working again. Any help is appreciated. Thanks again.
If ignorance is bliss, then knock the smile off my face.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,589 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:52 AM

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

Insert a bootable cd or dvd. Make sure the optical drive is the first device in the bios boot order. Reboot. Does the system see the bootable disc at boot? If not, you need to replace the drive. If it does, post back and we'll provide some suggestions for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users