Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Seeking advice

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 AndyMan315

AndyMan315

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:52 AM

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:52 PM

I co-run a website for a gaming group. We currently have a provider that is the same as our game provider (a bundle from counter-strike.com)

Me and the big boss man are considering a new host for our website. One that allows extreme customization and superior control panels. We are looking to host forums as well as just a few links. We want something that can allow for a more user friendly (and hopefully more easily noticed) donation button.

May sound stupid but does anyone know of a cheapish (under $20/month) provider that could fit into that category? Thanks in advance

(for ideas on how we are currently set up please check Our Current Site out. thanks!!!!)

Edited by AndyMan315, 21 October 2011 - 04:52 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 chromebuster

chromebuster

• Members
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Location:the crazy city of Boston, In the North East reaches of New England
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:21 PM

you want to go with either I7Media or Arvix. I have I7Media, and customizations are good allowing for both PHP (Windows or Linux supported), and ASP.net (either via Mono Framework or via IIS)

The AccessCop Network is just me and my crew. 

Some call me The Queen of Cambridge

#3 Jamiemcg

Jamiemcg

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 AM

Posted 27 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

If you're looking for a new webhost, perhaps you should try using either HostMonster or HostGator, both of which offer some nice features and allow PHP and other programming languages and such on the back-end. Also, both of these hosting services are decently priced, with both costing less than $6 a month for the basic hosting package.

Additionally, both of these hosting plans offer unlimited disk space and bandwidth, which may be useful for running forums, as data is usually being added regularly and there is also the possibility of having a steady flow of traffic on a regular basis.

http://HostMonster.com

http://HostGator.com

Good luck with your forums and with finding a new hosting service!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users