Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IE9 - Desktop Icons Flicker

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 heavydude

heavydude

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:15 PM

This is weird.

When I go to my favorites list in IE9 and click on a site, just as the site opens, all the icons on my desktop flicker momentarily.

The odd part is that it doesn't happen will all the sites, just some of them and intermittently.

Anybody else come across that.

Keep in mind that I just installed IE9 so I'll probably be asking questions of experienced users as things come up.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:11 PM

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

Have you tried using another browser to check first if its just your IE9 is causing the flickering icons? What is your computer brand/model and specs.?

Tekken

#3 heavydude

heavydude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Good idea. I have Opera installed. I'll check that out and report back.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users