Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer slowing down and freezing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 frostwolf

frostwolf

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 AM

Posted 20 October 2011 - 05:12 AM

Hi Bleeping Computer,

Recently my computer has been freezing and slowing down a lot when I use it. At first I thought it was a driver issue since my computer only freezes whenever I am watching a video or listening to music, I think I installed the right driver but my computer is still freezing ( a strange side effect from the freezing is if there is any audio, it will slow down and start to stretch out). After a few minutes it will revert back to normal like nothing happened.

Also my computer isn't running smoothly anymore, many times when I type, the words jump to completion. When I scroll, it jumps and doesn't smoothly scroll down the page. I tried everything from defragging to updating every driver and program possible and still the problems persist.

I was hoping someone would be able to advise me on what I should do.

Thank you,

Frost

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:07 PM

Posted 20 October 2011 - 06:00 AM

Hi Frost -

Can you please post Make / full Model and anything like Video card etc that may help us -

Also do you have a Fully updated Antivirus and updated Antimalware programs that you scan with almost daily ?

Thank You -

#3 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:55 AM

1) Have you run full system scans with both your anti virus app and with MalwareBytes? If not, please do so

2) Does the system run smoothly in safe mode?

#4 frostwolf

frostwolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2011 - 02:11 AM

Hi,

My computer is an Asus K50 - it has a Pentium dual-core CPU T4500 @ 2.30GHz, 4.0 GB Ram, Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Avira is up to date and so is Malwarebytes and I have run full scans with Malwarebytes but nothing came up

Is it possible that by accidentally downloading the wrong driver and then getting the correct one somehow interfere with each other.

I'm not sure

I will try the Safe mode option

Thanks,
Frost

#5 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 21 October 2011 - 06:45 AM

Have you run a full scan with Avira?

#6 frostwolf

frostwolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  

Posted 01 November 2011 - 11:38 PM

hi,

I think the problem is getting worse, my computer's graphics card just stopped working and my computer shut down.

Yes I've run all the scans and updated everything and still found nothing wrong. Everything is up to date, and I apparently have not viruses

This is the error message I received

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80058FA010
BCP2: FFFFF88004C27CE0
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC0000001
BCP4: 0000000000000003
OS Version: 6_1_7601