Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot download any files from internet

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Ninny9

Ninny9

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:00 PM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

Hi, I posted this issue in Window 7 forum on other site to solve "These Files can't be opened. Your Internet settings have prevent one or more files from being opened." and was able to solve the problem by disabling UAC but now a new problem issue appeared. I hope someone in this area knows this issue better so please help me.
ISSUES:

1. IE8- whenever I try to download a file, I get the following error:

Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.

2. Firefox [not sure the version] - whenever I try to download a file, it appears in the folders but unable to launch application.
3. Opening an existing .exe file- whenever I try to open, all the sudden it asks me which program to choose.
4. IE9- frustrated, I updated the older version but seems unable to download files as it says unable to download [long file name] on the bottom. Sometimes I click Yes or Save, nothing happens. So I assume, the problem is the same.

METHODS TRIED:

1. I ran Malwares Bytes twice, no threats ever found. Spybot Search and Destroy found none.
2. Change regedit in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, .exe value method, also its .exefile and shell method
3. Running IE as administrator and reseting advanced settings

Please help.

Sincerely,Monica

ADDITIONAL INFO: It seems like my computer has lost the ability to recognize file types. Whenever I save a picture from a source that i know are jpg formats are being saved as untitled.png, which is not normal. Also to launch applications, it doesn't execute .exe automatically.

here's additional image that may help
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/256/20111019184439.jpg/

Edited by Ninny9, 19 October 2011 - 05:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users