1. IE8- whenever I try to download a file, I get the following error:
2. Firefox [not sure the version] - whenever I try to download a file, it appears in the folders but unable to launch application.
Unable to open this Internet site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found.
3. Opening an existing .exe file- whenever I try to open, all the sudden it asks me which program to choose.
4. IE9- frustrated, I updated the older version but seems unable to download files as it says unable to download [long file name] on the bottom. Sometimes I click Yes or Save, nothing happens. So I assume, the problem is the same.
1. I ran Malwares Bytes twice, no threats ever found. Spybot Search and Destroy found none.
2. Change regedit in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT, .exe value method, also its .exefile and shell method
3. Running IE as administrator and reseting advanced settings
ADDITIONAL INFO: It seems like my computer has lost the ability to recognize file types. Whenever I save a picture from a source that i know are jpg formats are being saved as untitled.png, which is not normal. Also to launch applications, it doesn't execute .exe automatically.
here's additional image that may help
Edited by Ninny9, 19 October 2011 - 05:49 PM.