Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

blank window when using startup app. prefs.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boregard

boregard

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

welp,I have installed OO 11.10 and dual booting with natty 11.04.now when i go to startup app.preferences in 11.10,i just get a blank window.so i tried to add tomboy to startup just to see what would happen and a window opens up with" document not" found.i also get a blank window when i open logfile viewer.something is missing from installation.anybody got any ideas how to correct this? any help and advice will be greatly appreciated! Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:12 PM

bor you could try re-installing 11.10. our you could keep installing the updates as they become available. 11.10 in my opinion is still a work in progress. some of my issues -like having no readable font in some apps werent corrected until some updates this week.good luck
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#3 boregard

boregard
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

yes,it is definitely a work in progress.ive already reinstalled 11.10 and didnt help.but i found a fix for staup prefs.
cd /etc/xdg/autostart/
and
sudo sed --in-place 's/NoDisplay=true/NoDisplay=false/g' *.desktop
fixed that.i suppose your right,maybe log viewer will get fixed through bug reports & some updates.anyways thanks for your reply & have a good one!

#4 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 20 October 2011 - 04:05 PM

bor glad you got it fixed
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users