Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:55 PM
In April of this year I ordered a new computer from ibuypower.com. I wasn't thrilled with its state when I received it, as the graphics card was defective and several cables were unattached. But, when I got a replacement card my games played just fine, which was my main concern.
However, shortly thereafter I noticed that there was a problem whenever I tried to play sound through my browser. The sound is really muffled to the point that I can't understand anything that is being said. My normal browser is Firefox, but the same thing happens with IE and Chrome.
I have done everything I can think of, uploaded drivers, checked settings, etc. If anyone has a suggestion as to what I can do to solve this problem I will be eternally grateful.
Intel® Core™ i7-2600K Processor (4x 3.40GHz/8MB L3 Cache)
8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 RAM
[SLI] Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 motherboard
Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio