Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:06 AM
I am using Vista Home Premium Service (service pack 2) with Windows "Defender" off, Windows "Firewall" on and Avast 6.0.1289 fully enabled.
The computer is an Emachines Model T5234 using running with an (AMD Athion - 64x2 Dual Core 4000+ - 2.10GHz) processor and 2-GB of RAM, with Office 2003 and Mozilla Firefox.
Since an automatic Windows update, sometime in last 2-months, I have been having a problem with the Outlook "inbox" and all programs "help" files taking a minute ore more to open.
I have since stopped "automatic" update and now using "ask me".
I have tried the following fixes:
1) Using a suggestion from Avast, I uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version.
2) Repaired my Outlook .pst file.
3) Compacted my email folders.
4) Removed all attachments to a C:Outlook Attachment file.
5) Archived all older emails.
6) Used the Office repair utility.
7) I tried starting Outlook with Firewall and Avast off with no change.
After Outlook open everything works fine except for all Programs "help" files.
Any help will be appreciated