Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i have bought an acer aspire 64 bit pc i can't use

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 adi321

adi321

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 AM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:09 AM

Hi all.Please help as i am struggling to find 64 bit versions of the software i had on my old pc..so will 32 bit types work okay instead,until manufacturers make some 64 bit ones??? i found a 64 bit version of 7 zip but it tried to place it into the x86 program folder,and not the 64 bit one!! so i gave up with it.i am not very pc technically minded,but can manage most tasks,and thanks for any help in advance :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,572 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:14 AM

32 Bit applications should run just fine in a 64 bit environment

#3 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:48 AM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

I have seen that happen on some software that the 64 bit install goes into the 32bit programs folder.

Why not install it anyway, It will work. Then open it and see if the about shows 32 bit or 64 bit version.

I run a bunch of 32 bit and 64 bit programs in my Win7 and they work fine. If I can get a 64 bit version then I use it but many programs I bought over the years and still use are 32 bit.

For example the TMPGenc DVD Author version 1.5 is 32 bit only. I use it even though I also have a much newer 64 bit version because it will do things the new version doesn't.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users