Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SP2 problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sealab865

sealab865

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

im not sure if this is the right place to put it but my auntie has a dell insperon (i think 1700) win vista and she tryed installing service pack 2 (because i just sys restored her computer after dealing with some viruses) and when she turns it on now it says installing windows service pack and about 1876 i think it goes !!002x5!!! or something and says a files name (not sure which one i carnt remember) so i sys restored AGAIN and DID THE SAME THING AND THE SAMETHING HAPPENED AGAIN SO I SYS RESTORED AGAIN.

so wat should we do?

Edited by hamluis, 27 October 2011 - 10:05 AM.
Moved from Vista to Am I Infected.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:26 PM

System restore is not advisable to be used when your in a state of a virus infection. Mostly you will be reinfected. What do you mean reinstalling service pack 2? The message shown could be that an installation/upgrade was discontinued or the laptop was shutdown. Were you able to backup files?

Tekken

#3 sealab865

sealab865
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 30 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:49 AM

Posted 26 October 2011 - 04:49 PM

well after i system restored the laptop it keeps going back to sp1 so i have to download it for her shes sought of simple minded when it comes to computers and no i wasnt able to back up files

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 PM

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:12 AM

I think you should go back to the original restore disc or vista retail disc of the particular computer. If there is a recovery partition available for that inspiron model, restore to factory settings. Look for the particular key to boot on recovery partition. All Data will be lost once this is perform.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users