Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photoshop 7

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 turtletary

turtletary

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:10 PM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

This shows on start up:

X this application has failed to start because neflibrary3ps.dll was not found. re-installing the application may fix this problem.

I un-installed and installed from disc with no changes as a result. How to fix would be appreciated... or a better program suggestion would be welcome too.

Hope I've made this error understood.

Thanks in advance.. you guys always come thru...
Terry E. Kilgore
Bless GOD America
Turtletary.com

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

It is probably not Photoshop yjay is corrupted............do you have installed the Nikon NEF plug=in to handle RAW files?

The Nikon NEF Photoshop Plug-in is trying to find the NEFLibrary3PS.dll, but can't. I suggest removing it.

Here are the steps I took to resolving the problem…

1) Browse to the Adobe Photoshop Plug-ins File Format folder (e.g., C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\File Formats\).
2) Select and remove the Nikon NEF Plugin LE.8bi file.

Edited by alumbagh, 19 October 2011 - 12:20 AM.

#3 turtletary

turtletary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2011 - 02:59 AM

Thanks for your reply... but I have no clue what you mean. What does "Nikon NEF plug=in to handle RAW files" mean? I don't use a Nikon anything.. camera or printer [ if Nikon even makes a printer??? ]

Why would it be looking for Nikon?

Terry
Terry E. Kilgore
Bless GOD America
Turtletary.com

#4 alumbagh

alumbagh

• Members
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:46 AM

I mention Nikon only because neflibrary3ps.dll is associated with that and that alone.

Do you have any RAW plug-ins installed, perhaps even a comprehensive one covering different ,akes of camera ?

#5 turtletary

turtletary
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 09:30 AM

Thank you for your replies alumbagh.. but I have no idea what you are talking about. WHAT ARE RAW PLUG-INS? What does "comprehensive one covering different ,akes of camera ?" mean??? You are using terms I am not familiar with!
Terry E. Kilgore
Bless GOD America
Turtletary.com

#6 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:10 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:22 PM

Plug in is like a mini program that helps you do certain modifications faster . Example, if you want to convert lots of colored pictures into black and white, you might download a photoshop plug in that can do that for you or just use a macro.

When you open up photoshop, it detects and recognizes all the plug ins installed.
Nikon plug in could have been installed if you own a writing tablet, like waccom and such or as a package with photoshop.

You can go to control panel, add remove programs and remove the plug in there or disable it in photoshop.

Or go to the Adobe Photoshop Plug-ins folder
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Plug-Ins\File Formats\ and then select and remove the Nikon NEF Plugin LE.8bi file.

:)

#7 Yiddish

Yiddish

• Banned Spammer
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 24 February 2012 - 06:00 AM

Have you tried adobe Photoshop?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users