Jump to content


Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.


Weird Device Manager problem

  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jacob_


  • Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:24 PM

I have a notebook with 2 GPUs, and I noticed that they seem to be "linked" in the Device Manager. If I update the driver for one, it changes the other, and if I disable either one of them, it disables graphics acceleration (even if I disable the one that is powered off.)

Also, I used a WMI script to display the status of the GPUs, and the output is opposite what I expect: it says the high performance one is being used, and the low performance one is offline. I think this is incorrect because I can power them on and off manually in Linux, and whenever the high performance one is on it generates a lot of heat and causes the fan to speed up.

Posted Image

I'm interested in these two problems because I think they may be causing the GPU switching problem I've been having for months.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)


0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users