Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop keyboard not working

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Passion4Muzik

Passion4Muzik

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:24 PM

I'm using on-screen keyboard. Lost internet connection while running combo fix for virus. Combo fix freezes after a few mins of running. THen noticed keyboard wasn't resonding. IBM thinkpad. Help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 10:58 PM

I'm using on-screen keyboard. Lost internet connection while running combo fix for virus.

Hi and sorry about your problem -

This highlights one of the prime reasons that Combofix should not be used without expert supervision.
Combofix is not a way to search for infections, but a tool that should only be used by experts for certain infections.

Your Antivirus and Antimalware programs are your prime area to use to find and cure most common problems.
Combofix can freeze your system if at any time the keyboard (screen) or your mouse is touched during operation of the tool.
You may notice that I refer to it as a Tool and Not a Scanner, as without full training, you can cause this problem to occur.

Can you remember the specific infection that you were trying to find / repair, or were you just searching -

Thank You -

#3 Passion4Muzik

Passion4Muzik
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:11 AM

I had a weird .exe file running in processes after using google and I couldn't end it. My computer was slow and it seemed like another google direct virus. I tried running virus scanners, but they would shut down or wouldn't open. I came here as I've before and saw a topic with the same problem and ran combofix, but lost internet connection while doing so. My screen was frozen when my connection came back. I had to shut down. I tried to run it a couple more times but it froze. After a few reboots to safe and regular modes, trying to run virus scanners, I noticed my keyboard doesn't respond.

#4 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 AM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:38 AM

Hi again Passion -

Now I think you know that the warnings always given in threads with C/fix are just not there to stop people using it. They are real.
Did you finish the scan or turn it off during the scan ? That can be a killer.

Each and every topic / computer in Malware Removal can be slightly changed (eg. your onscreen keyboard).

If this could not be removed with your Antivirus and Malwarebytes (in normal mode) you needed to create a new thread in Am I Infected.

It may be a bit late, but create one there now (and leave a link to this thread) and fully explain your problem.
The experts there may have a fix, but I would not start guessing here without any logs or other details -

Best luck, and Regards -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users