Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I love this site!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 4dude

4dude

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:18 AM

I love this site like crazy and now that 2 other IPB sites i am on have "updated" to the new version of IPB,i am glad as ever to be here!

The new version is disgusting..... Its not as colourful,etc.......

I mi$$ the nice colours when someone quotes multiple quotes for example and a few other things.....

Its just a big step backwards (Like VB4 is compared to earlier VBB versions)

I hope you guys dont do this... EVERYTHING WORKS FINE ON THIS,NO REASON TO CHANGE IT :)

Thanx for listening......

Edited by 4dude, 18 October 2011 - 12:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,675 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:18 AM

Upgrading a heavily modified IPB is no easy task. It will be done, but not for a while.

#3 killerx525

killerx525

Bleepin' Aussie

• Members
  • 7,220 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 08:19 AM

Your modified version will look nicer?

>Michael 
System1: CPU- Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.4GHz, CPU Cooler- Noctua NH-D14, RAM- G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Kit(4Gx4) DDR3 2133MHz, SSD/HDD- Samsung 850 EVO 250GB/Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB/Seagate Barracuada 3TB, GPU- 2x EVGA GTX980 Superclocked @1360/MHz1900MHz, Motherboard- Asus X99 Deluxe, Case- Custom Mac G5, PSU- EVGA P2-1000W, Soundcard- Realtek High Definition Audio, OS- Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
Games: APB: Reloaded, Hours played: 3100+  System2: Late 2011 Macbook Pro 15inch   OFw63FY.png

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,507 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2011 - 01:08 PM

Killer I am sure it will most likely match the old one as much as possible but with a new software comes differences which some people will just have to adapt to. For some it takes longer than others. To me it is just a GUI, I focus more on the information rather than the look of it although I am glad that grinler removed some of the annoying features that come standard with install.
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 4dude

4dude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

Upgrading a heavily modified IPB is no easy task. It will be done, but not for a while.

Why buddy??

THIS VERSION LOOKS BETTER,etc... Why dont you care enough to wanna keep your site ON BETTER STUFF?? This version of IPB is fine,why change it for no reason??

Things get worse with every upgrade,NOT BETTER!

I cant believe how many VBB sites i am on that put that VB4 crap on thier site AND THEY THINK ITS BETTER when in fact,ITS 1000% WORSE!!!!!! (I abandon all VB sites im on that goto version 4,i cant stand it that much..Its an ugly piece of crap compared to earlier versions and its slower.....)

I dont wanna see that happen here thats all..

Edited by 4dude, 19 October 2011 - 04:17 AM.

#6 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,675 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

You eventually have to upgrade for security updates.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:41 PM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

Not to mention support from the vendor if you run into security an or operational issue. You can run into difficulty getting support if your forum software version is not current or close to current.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 4dude

4dude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2011 - 04:19 AM

Ya that may be Animal :(

It would seem to me though if they value thier customers,THEY WONT FORCE THEM TO UPGRADE!!

Im sorry guys i dont wanna cause a big scene,im just sick of good things becoming worse...

I dont wanna make anyone mad...

Edited by 4dude, 19 October 2011 - 04:19 AM.

#9 m0le

m0le

Can U Dig It?

• Malware Response Team
  • 34,527 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:41 AM

Posted 22 October 2011 - 06:38 AM

I remember the uproar when BC last upgraded.

People just don't like change. But then people get used to change. :)
Posted Image
m0le is a proud member of UNITE

#10 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,507 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2011 - 10:16 PM

"People just don't like change. But then people get used to change. "

+1
animinionsmalltext.gif
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#11 4dude

4dude
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 578 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:35 PM

I remember the uproar when BC last upgraded.

The last upgrade to this version of IPB was excellent but going to that new version wont be nearly as good!!

Not as nice colours,etc........ Look for yourself

http://defendingthetruth.com

I mi$$ the nice colours when quoting someone else's message,etc........ (Its all gray on the new version) I still like the site very much,DTT is quite awesome but i liked it better before :)

I dont wanna cause a fuss im just saying THINGS GET WORSE NOT BETTER......

Edited by 4dude, 24 October 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#12 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,675 posts
  •  

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

Those are not the default colors. For the default skin look here:

http://community.invisionpower.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users