Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"No speakers or headphones are plugged in"

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Sploog321

Sploog321

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:59 PM

Hi. The sound on my laptop will not work. I think this occured when I tried to update my sound card drivers... Anyone wanna help a brotha' out?

The little speaker icon in the tray has an X on it and reads what is in the title. I will provide a link to a picture of the sound control options.

http://i46.servimg.com/u/f46/11/16/88/81/dgdfg10.jpg

Hope this helps!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 17 October 2011 - 07:37 PM

There is no need to update any drivers unless its required by the manufacturers for improvements/fix or patches on certain glitch. But rarely this happens. Unless there is something wrong with your PC, do not change anything. Its possible that you have downloaded a different driver so check on you device manager, sound controller and post your laptop model/brand.

Edited by jhayz, 17 October 2011 - 07:38 PM.

Tekken

#3 Sploog321

Sploog321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 17 October 2011 - 11:22 PM

I went to Device Manager>Sound and tried updating the driver of all those listed through Windows and that fixed the problem. Thanks!

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 07:50 PM

Great to hear you got it fixed. :thumbsup:

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users