Jump to content
Posted 26 January 2006 - 06:57 PM
Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:16 AM
Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:23 PM
Repairing the Operating System
To repair the operating system without deleting your
1. Insert the Operating System Recovery CD (included with the
notebook) into the optical drive.
2. Turn off the notebook using the standard Windows shutdown
procedure. If the notebook is unresponsive:
a. If the notebook is running Windows XP Professional,
press ctrl+alt+del. Select Shut down from the drop-down
list, and then select OK.
b. If the notebook is running Windows XP Home or does
not respond to ctrl+alt+del, press and hold the power
button for 5 seconds.
3. Turn on the notebook by briefly pressing the power button.
If the Operating System Recovery CD does not open after
several minutes, the boot order settings on your notebook
might have been changed from the default settings. For
information about changing boot order settings, refer to the
Boot Menu in the “Configuring Your Notebook” section in
4. When prompted, press any key to boot from CD. (After a
few minutes, the Welcome to Setup screen is displayed.)
5. Press enter to continue. (A Licensing Agreement screen is
6. Press F8 to accept the agreement and continue. (The Setup
window is displayed.)
7. Press R to repair the selected Windows installation. (The
repair process begins.)
After the repair process is complete, which might take a
few hours, the notebook restarts in Windows.
Posted 05 March 2006 - 06:50 PM
Posted 05 March 2006 - 07:56 PM
Posted 05 March 2006 - 11:00 PM
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users