Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AMT Subsystem Failure

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 leatherwings

leatherwings

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 17 October 2011 - 02:19 PM

Hello everyone!

Sorry, I'm pretty rubbish with computers and didn't know where to put this, but I'm sure it's not a virus so I thought here would be appropriate! I've asked about my computer problems on this site before and found it to be incredibly helpful, so I'm hopeful of sorting out another problem that's possibly quite simple.

Basically, I have a PDF file form that I need to edit and fill out. I was sent it in an email, and I saved it to my documents so I could go about editing it. The problem is that whenever I open it, after a few seconds I get a message entitled 'AMT Subsystem Failure' which reads 'The licensing subsystem has failed catastrophically. You must reinstall or call customer support. (14)' The only option is to close the box or click 'OK', and whichever one you click it closes the PDF file. By all accounts, calling customer support is fairly futile, and I wouldn't know how to go about reinstalling it... does anyone know a way around this problem?

There's probably a simple solution - apologies for my complete ignorance when it comes to computers!
James

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,836 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 17 October 2011 - 06:28 PM

Are you using a paid for, licensed copy of an Adobe product to view this .pdf file. The web is rife with complaints about the Adobe AMT Subsystem failure issues. But they all appear to involve paid for and licensed copies. If it is a paid for application I would suggest contacting Adobe Support.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 leatherwings

leatherwings
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:52 PM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

Thanks for your reply. I really don't know if it's a paid-for copy or not - my laptop was given to me as a present and I'm pretty sure the program was already on it. Is there any way of me finding out if it's licensed or not?

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,836 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

If the computer was a gift It is unlikely that you have an expensive Adobe graphics program installed. I don't have an answer for you to fixing the specific Adobe issue. Since it is likely not a paid for situation, it is unlikely that Adobe support will be of much use.

My suggestion for the sake of expediency in getting your document filled out, would be to download a replacement pdf viewer and use it to view and edit your document.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users