Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Do You Install Web Browser

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 knorley

knorley

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 26 January 2006 - 04:48 PM

OK I have hooked up [old] PC Dell Dimension desktop,has serial port and printer port and CD Rom only[2001] and[ new] PC E-machine no serial or parallel port but has CD re-writable,DVD r/rw,RW DVD+R DL they are connected using an Ethernet Crossover cable. I can see both PC and can move files, now my problem is how do I install mozilla web browser with settings and mail[I do not use outlook] to new PC and am not connected to internet,just want to transfer info to new PC. both PC have XP SP-2 Home, XP Help says to use add/remove in control but no option for files just floppy-CD option also says you may have to use other catagory?<- So how do I install, any how to sites I can use, am not a geek still learning . THXS knorley

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:35 AM

Download and install Mozilla and the email program you want to use on the new PC. (OR - If you have the original installation files for these programs you can copy them to the new PC and run them there.) Then look for the Files and Settings Transfer wizard (FAST) in XP (Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools). It will guide you through transferring your settings from the old PC to the new one.
hth :thumbsup:

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 knorley

knorley
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:37 PM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:17 PM

OK found file but was not an install.exe it changed so it could not intall to program file but did install to programs file directory and so did my mozilla.org file. Tried to use transfer wizard but old PC transfer wizard setup is differnt from new PC did not work so I copied to shared doc folder and then drag an drop to desktop but no install.exe Do I now install latest version from moz website,and how do I install from program files on new PC now that I have it there,simplfy instructions pls THXS Knorley

#4 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:05 PM

Do I now install latest version from moz website,

Sounds like this would be the easiest course of action.

Tried to use transfer wizard but old PC transfer wizard setup is differnt from new PC did not work

You only run the transfer wizard from the new PC. Get it to create a floppy disk "Wizard disk" which you then run in the old PC to gather your settings. The wizard will guide you through the process. You don't need to run the transfer wizard (if there was one) that is on the old PC at all.

how do I install from program files on new PC now that I have it there

Sorry I don't know what you're asking here.

Edited by Rimmer, 29 January 2006 - 07:10 PM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users