Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't access the Internet after removing viruses

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TechnoBoob

TechnoBoob

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hi there! Was hoping someone could help me out getting back on the Internet after removing some nasty and malicious viruses. Bleepin Comp helped me out before, and after posting the logs I've been given a clean bill of health. Although, when I try to connect to the Internet the wireless device always stops at the point of "Acquiring network address."

Also, when I try to change the Firewall settings, it says the service isn't running. After clicking yes to start the service I get the message: "Windows cannot start the Windows Firewall/Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) service." Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Edited by hamluis, 18 October 2011 - 03:53 PM.
Moved from Web Browsing/Email to Networking.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,385 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 AM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:52 PM

From MRL topic, you previously posted:

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

I don't know if this would help, but when I go to see a list of wireless connections it says:

"windows cannot configure this wireless connection. If you have enabled another program to manage this wireless connection, use that software. If you want Windows to configure this wireless connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC) service."

Moving this topic to Networking.

Louis

#3 TechnoBoob

TechnoBoob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 AM

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:48 AM

Thanks Louis. Is there anything I need to do right now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users