Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

intermittent 'windows is not genuine'

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shashman

shashman

• Members
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 16 October 2011 - 06:11 PM

I have a compaq presario v2000. For the most part, my laptop screen says nothing like 'windows is non genuine', but there are some times when it does. The funny thing is , when I go to start, right click 'computer', click properties and see the computer information screen, the bottom part of that screen eventually says windows is activated, and after that the 'windows is not genuine message on the desktop goes away to reappear at a later date, maybe two or three days later

whats going on? I know that kb971033 has been causing problems sometimes with activation, but how about kb976932

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 16 October 2011 - 09:17 PM

http://pcsupport.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=pcsupport&cdn=compute&tm=22&gps=511_277_1276_848&f=00&su=p284.12.336.ip_p504.1.336.ip_&tt=29&bt=1&bts=0&zu=http%3A//www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/
Link to Magical Jellybean Key finder to make sure you have a M/soft key installed -

Finds Keys for Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003,
Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows ME, Windows 98, and Windows 95.

NOTE: - MJB Keyfinder may incorrectly appear as a virus or Trojan to some antivirus programs

Regards -

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 PM

Posted 18 October 2011 - 06:11 AM

Hit the Windows Flag key and the pause button. Look in the lower left corner. Does it say genuine in the logo? I have never heard of a system being genuine one day and not the next day. If by chance this is happening I would give Microsoft a call to get the problem fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users