Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Opencloud AV Malware - not going away.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jeff UIT

Jeff UIT

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:54 PM

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:08 AM

Hello everybody. I'm Jeff, and my PC is infected (Hi, Jeff!)

I got hit about a week ago with Opencloud AV Malware. My own fault, since I let my real AV software fall out of date.

Brought the machine into Safe Mode, used Malware Bytes and did some other cleaning. It seemed to have worked, but...

Any time I bring the machine up with Networking enabled, it sort of hangs on the TCP parts. There's an odd process I can't recall ever seeing. It is called 107677792:262802873.exe and seems only to appear when I am running with networking.

Ran HijackThis and everything looked the way it was supposed to look with the exception of one tcpip DNS entry, which I deleted.

Now, if I try to run Malware or Norton, it just hangs or dies in the middle. When IE starts, it also gives me garbage. Maybe there's something else running here.

I am out of ideas and about ready to re-install the O/S (Win XP) from scratch. Any suggestions? Friends suggested de-installing the TCP/Ip components but I suspect that this will leave the infected files on the hard drive enabling them to be re-executed later on.

j

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,709 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:54 PM

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:39 AM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team.
Please make sure that you read the information about getting started first.
Then start a new thread HERE and include or required logs.
Including a link to this thread will be helpful.

Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users