Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WinNT related Problem

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nadkarni

nadkarni

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:55 PM

Posted 03 November 2004 - 02:58 AM

I need help in finding out reasons for different behaviour of an application on different nodes with identical system config.
I have a Server with Win2K and MS SQL SERVER 7 database installed on it and it has 6 nodes, all having WinNT Workstation 4.0. The application is using VB 6 (with True DB Grid 7).
The problem is one of the programs that updates data in database, works perfectly on all nodes except on one specific node where it gives an error message "Error occured". Nowhere in my program, such an error message exists.
There is another program which uloads data from ASCII text file into a database table. This program also fails only on one of the nodes.
Both the programs, update the data in database. The only difference is that the first program takes data from a form and the second one takes the data from file and updates database.
Since the error mesage is given by OS, I feel that this problem is OS related i.e. Win NT Workstation. 4.0.
Awaiting advice to resolve this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:55 PM

Posted 03 November 2004 - 11:13 PM

Not going to be possible to figure out the error based on that. Can you cause the error to occur at will?

If so add debugging routines into the programming as well. Add messagebox popups throughout the app so that you can tell how far the program gets before it craps out. Then keep inching the code up until the message box happens right before the error...look from there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users