Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

system-defence.com?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 StrikeRougeMk2

StrikeRougeMk2

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 AM

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:55 PM

Let me just start by saying hi, haha.

I've been using my mother's computer for the past few days and I expected some simple virus and malware issues that I could resolve via Google and using this site's guides, but I've reached a bump in the road with something that continues to make every page I visit into a "Reported Attack Site" warning on Firefox http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/23/ffsnip.jpg/ like so.

Other times it will just give a warning bar like this: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/847/iesnip.jpg/

Clicking on any of the links on the "Reported Attack Site" warning page will lead me to a System-Defence.com
I used Malwarebytes to try and fix the problem, but it only removed the fake System Defense program that popped up on my desktop and told me to purchase the full version of that software. My browsers still suffer from this, however.

I'm running Windows Vista.

Thanks in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:13 PM

Hello StrikeRougeMk2, and welcome to the forums!!:)

My name is bloopie and I'll be helping you with your computer problems.

Please download RKill from one of the following locations:

RKill.com Download Link
RKill.exe Download Link
RKill.scr Download Link
iExplore.exe Download Link

Please update Mbam to the latest definitions also!

Now, reboot into safemode then double click the RKill icon on your desktop. A command prompt window will appear, this is normal...let the program run until completion. Let it run until you see a log in notepad of the program being run displayed.

DO NOT REBOOT after the run of RKill!! Leave the RKill window open and open Malwarebytes on top. Please then choose a full scan and post the results in your next reply.

bloopie

#3 bloopie

bloopie

Bleepin' Sith Turner

• Malware Response Team
  • 7,927 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:52 PM

Do you still need help?

If not, please let us know.:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic