Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Display and Monitor Don't match

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 verbtex

verbtex

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:43 PM

I'm running Windows XP, and I am having a problem with my computer screen. See the attached picture for a view. As you see, the internet browser is open, and yet there's still a huge chunk of the desktop below it. I can't see anything below the browser though, my mouse goes off the screen both to the right, and to the bottom. It's annoying because I have to guess where the computer turn off button is, and it makes it annoying to do anything for that matter, since a lot of the buttons I need for a lot of my applications are below the line I can't see. It's a Dell Inspiron Mini the model number is PP19S. It has an intel Atom inside. Some people have said that I had to go into display properties, but no matter what I do in the settings tab, it always goes back to default.

Is there anybody out there who can help me?

Help is greatly appreciated!

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:59 PM

Hi -
Start here > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953356 This is just a beginning -
This lists your error message and is related to image problems -

#3 verbtex

verbtex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

Hi -
Start here > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953356 This is just a beginning -
This lists your error message and is related to image problems -

I don't have any error messages, I just can't see the bottom part of my screen. It extends past the monitor's limits.

#4 verbtex

verbtex
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

Bump

#5 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:33 PM

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:06 PM

OK -
You are using Chrome in that shot. Is it the same in I.E. and Firefox (or have you done that) -
What happens if you Grab (<-->) this symbol, with the mouse, on the bottom edge of the Dropdown screen and Pull it down ? ?
Will this Extend the viewing section of the screen ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users