Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How Can i Assure That Files Removed From My FTP Server Are Sent To Recycling bin ??

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:02 PM

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:44 PM

I have a quick concern i recently discovered that files deleted from my ftp server or if another computer delets a file from a network share these files are instantly removed rather than being sent to the recycling bin. is there a setting or utility that will take these remotely deleted files and send them to the recycling bin ??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:08 PM

As the recycle bin exists on your computer's hard drive, only file stored on the hard drive go to the recycle bin when deleted (there is one recycle bin for each partition). Items deleted from a network drive are not sent to the Recycle Bin.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 AM

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:16 PM

Hi -

Along with the good description by Budapest, I would also read this Wiki link, and see under Security notes.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File_Transfer_Protocol

Regards -

#4 mikeloeven

mikeloeven
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:49 AM

i think you misunderstood.

i want files deleted on my ftp server to go to the server's recycling bin so i can restore them if someone acidently deletes something.

the server and share is running on my computer. i want files deleted by remote users sent to the recycling bin or otherwised placed somewhere they can be restored by me. basicaly like a deletion que so that before anythign is perminantly removed i have a chance to look it over.

i am running filezilla server

Edited by mikeloeven, 17 October 2011 - 09:54 AM.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,399 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:45 AM

Google Links On Subject

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users