Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

screen white

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:27 AM

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:07 PM

Hi all
I have a Presario C500, Windows XP Home, 1GB RAM.
I was givin this laptop because the screen is white and glows.
I figured it was the screen broke so I bought another C500, to swap the screen out. I hooked up the 2nd screen and I still get a white glow. I hear the Windows system boot up but all I get is the glow.
Do you think my motherboard is bad ? How do I test it ?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated !
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:27 PM

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

You should have tested it first with an External monitor.

Tekken

#3 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2011 - 05:24 PM

Dang, forgot about that. I will and let ya know what happends.
Thanks !
The measure of man's real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

#4 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 16 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

Yep, external monitor works so I guess the motherboard is bad. Thanks for your help !

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,403 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

Just a minute :)...if the external monitor works with the system...the motherboard is not bad. The screen or some major necessary part which enables the screen to function properly...may be bad, but not the board.

Louis

#6 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:05 AM

The external monitor works great. I don't know how to test anything else. Any suggestions ?

#7 RacefanofJr

RacefanofJr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 316 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:10 AM

I've tried 2 screens and I get the same results. Thats the whole screen and internal parts inside the screen.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,403 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:28 AM

Unfortunately...I am not technically proficient/qualified to state anything other than the obvious...and I don't know anything about laptops and all that can go wrong with them.

But the membership has many members who are better able to comment/suggest and I advise awaiting further inputs from some of them.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users