Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Transferring Everything From 32bit comp To 64bit comp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 budd45

budd45

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 AM

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:38 AM

I have a 32bit comp, W7 Ult, 1TB HD and I would like to clone that onto a comp that is a 64bit. HD is the same capacity, question is, can this process be done? Will the programs from the 32bit work in the 64bit comp.? I'm thinking of using Acronis True Image Home 2011.I was given a newer desktop minus the HD and was going to retire my old desktop and I wanted what was on the old comp(32bit) transfered to the new (64bit) tower. Thanx in advance for any advice.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,754 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:52 AM

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:54 AM

You can't do it.
64-bit has to be a clean installation.
You can transfer your data, but all programs have to be reinstalled.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users