Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse intermittently moves jerkily

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 debodun

debodun

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 AM

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:57 AM

Since I had my computer to the shop (for virus removal - they couldn't remove whatever I had and had to reformat the HD) my mouse cursor is moving in a jerky fashion when an Internet page is loading or has a lot of animations on it. It isn't this way all the time, for instance on Google.com it moves normally, but pages like TCM.com, it's really erratic. At the shop they had a optical mouse plugged in, but at home I have an old-fashioned rollerball mouse which is fairly new and plugged into the PS2 port with an adapter (it won't work in the USB port). I looked in the device manager, but there were no hardware conflicts and it indicated the device was working properly. Also, before taking it to the shop, I had Firefox 3.6.17 installed, but they installed Firefox 7.0.1. Any ideas why the mouse cursor is intermittently jerky and what could be done to remedy this? Thanks in advance.

My system - HP Pavilion 750n, 1.6 GHz Pentium 4 processor, 768 MB RAM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users