Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer doesn't wanna start up

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 CalusBlade

CalusBlade

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:29 AM

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:46 PM

This is regarding my brother's computer. His computer is a Dell Latitude 600. Randomly his computer will not start up, instead the caps lock light blinks 9 times and then shuts off again. Also When it does start up it goes to the mini boot menu and when I select any start up mode, it seems to freeze as well. This just began today when he was playing starcraft and his computer suddenly crash. Ctrl + alt + del didn't work so he hit the power button. Now this issue came about. He told me he rarely get crashes. I've tried popping in the windows cd but still nothing.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,408 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

If the computer shut off during the midst of game play...I would suspect either system overheating or a hardware problem.

Please...try to be as definitive/precise as possible.

What happens when you try the Dell CDs? Did you run Dell Diagnostics?

Have you checked the Dell support site for that system...for possible clues/answers?

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 18 October 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#3 CalusBlade

CalusBlade
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 538 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2011 - 05:48 PM

I can't give more then that. As of now it won't even turn on. The caps lock light blinks 9 times and turns back off. Screen is black. When it does turn on, if freezes upon windows loading screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users