Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video card upgrade problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gomes65

gomes65

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 14 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

I have a emachine T6212. Windows XP.

My screen started to vibrate and I thought that I need to upgrade my onboard video card. I bought a new video card and insert it into the connector. But my monitor was still plugged to my onboard video card. I turned the machine on, and it was just like before my screen was vibrating. I realized that I forgot to plug my keyboard and I turned off the machine to plug the keyboard and restart again. That was the end of it. My monitor always showed that "No signal" and it is black. I cannot see anything. Only time I was able to see was when my monitor was plugged to my onboard(old) video card, I pressed R key when booting and, recovery option showed to ask me if I want to format the machine.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 PM

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:31 PM

remove the new card ,boot using the onboard video ,go to device manager and uninstall the onboard video ,turn off computer ,install the new video card ,connect the video cable to it and reboot computer.
also did make sure that the new video card you bought was compatible with your motherboard first

Edited by caperjac, 15 October 2011 - 01:32 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 gomes65

gomes65
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 16 October 2011 - 07:32 AM

Caperjac,

Thank you for your suggestion. I appreciate that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users